- This event has passed.
Sweat Lodge Ceremony
October 23, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm EDT
This is poured following Lakota traditions. All are welcome as long as come with open/positive mind and respectful heart.
To go into the lodge, please bring 1 or two towels and appropriate clothes to wear into lodge. Men should wear shorts and women should have long skirt and shirt covering shoulders. Traditionally, you bring a small tobacco offering for the firekeeper and the intercessor.
There is no charge for this ceremony, but each person should bring something to contribute to our potluck feast afterwards. Here are other things our center would appreciate:
1. Blue moving blankets (we are short on these and will need some to build the lodge)
2. Firewood (aged and preferably split 23″ long)
3. Rocks (suitable for heating in lodge)
4. Sage, Sweet grass, Flat cedar, Tobacco
5. Personal Blankets
6. Paperware (plates, cups, napkins, utensils, paper towels, toilet paper)
7. Candles (any size unscented)
8. Cotton Cloth Strips (yards of traditional black, red, yellow, white, blue, green, purple)
9. Donations to our center are always appreciated
We will also be practicing songs and learning how to make prayer ties.. We have electricity in case you want to bring a crockpot.
We will likely go into the lodge around 5pm, which means we should finish up no later than 7pm. .
Please understand that if this is your first time, part of the teachings of this way of life our respect, patience and generosity. So, there may be several reasons you are asked to offer support and pray outside the lodge.
RSVP is required. Please follow us on facebook (Real Eyes Meditation) in case there are any changes or updates.
This event will be led at the NEW LOCATION of Real Eyes Meditation Center. The address is 15406 Riding Stable rd. Property is at end of long driveway into the woods. you will drive over a small stream. Please drive slow (5 MPH) as to not stir any driveway dust and do not stop to interact with horses.
With Love & Gratitude. Mitakua Oyasin